A simple salad
It’s nearly the end of asparagus and broad bean season, so best make this delicious little side salad this week.
You will need:
- 1 bunch of British asparagus
- 100-150g podded broad beans (do double pod)
- shavings of Västerbotten cheese
- a dressing made of 2 tbsp good olive oil, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar and 1 tbsp balsamic. Add a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and whisk.
- Fresh tarragon, to taste
Putting it together:
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then throw in the Asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes of cooking. Plunge into ice-cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, add the beans. Chop some fresh tarragon and scatter over. Add shavings of cheese, to taste, and top with dressing.
- Serve immediately.